Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why I am William Powell

"You are the classic rogue, a stylish rake with the devil of a wit and a flair for mischief, and you shake your martinis to waltz time. You are charming and debonair, but slightly untrustworthy, and women should be on their guard. If married, you are simply a bit of a flirt, even if it's just with your own wife...but if you're single, watch out. You usually rein yourself in to concentrate on one lovely beauty at a time, but with you, we never know. You're an inviting partner, but there's a playful devil behind your eyes, and those trying to get close to you should know they're playing with fire. You're stylish and fun, but you follow your own course, which may or may not include a steady gal. Co-stars include Myrna Loy and Carole Lombard, classy ladies with an adventurous streak."

My result for The Classic Leading Man Test...

William Powell

Yes, My Man Godfrey & Nick in The Thin Man. I'll settle for that. I wanted to be Cary Grant, but I guess I'm just too much of a debonair cad... c'est la vie. But I think I want to grow a moustache, look slightly puzzled all the time and be raffish. I love William Powell. Generally forgotten but never equaled. I want to live a screwball comedy life. I want crazy adventures & women that wear hats. Now where is that champagne I ordered?

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-classic-leading-man-test

O, the mindless pleasures of quizzy self-assessment. Takes me back to to my pre-teen days of reading my sisters' copies of 19, Jackie & Cosmo and trying to find out if I was a good kisser or not... Now then, perhaps I should find out what kind of *classic dame* I'll make by taking the Classic Dames Test. Surely there's nothing more useful I should be doing...? I should probably be learning how to mix the perfect Martini; it's a skill I need to have...



4 comments:

  1. Your result for The Classic Dames Test

    Rosalind Russell

    You scored 26% grit, 38% wit, 29% flair, and 24% class!

    You are one wise-cracking lady, always quick with a clever remark and easily able to keep up with the quips and puns that come along with the nutty situations you find yourself in. You're usually able to talk your way out of any jam, and even if you can't, you at least make it more interesting with your biting wit. You can match the smartest guy around line for line, and you've got an open mind that allows you to get what you want, even if you don't recognize it at first. Your leading men include Cary Grant and Clark Gable, men who can keep up with you.


    That's not sexy at all. I want my money back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosalind Russell? O, my word - My Girl Friday? Hat on sideways? A better reporter than any of them; smokes 10 to the dozen. Quiptastic. Gets off with Cary Grant.

    What did you want, lady? Lauren Bacall? Nah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was a leading man I'd be Cary Grant apparently.

    I can star alongside myself, which is probably about right.

    ReplyDelete